St Michael and St John's R.C. Primary School

Skip to main content
30th September 20
Trail : home : SEN


SEN (Special Educational Needs)

Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator:
Mrs Claire Ashton

If you wish to discuss your child’s needs or provision, please call the school office to make an appointment with our SENCo.

SEN Governor:
Mr Mark Evans

The Local Offer

The Local Offer sets out at the ‘local authority level’ what the Local Authority expects to be available in every school. This is available here.

Family Information Network Directory (FIND)
The FIND database includes information about disabled children and young people up to 25 years old in Lancashire. Click here for the latest newsletters.

Complaints for parents of children with Special Educational Needs:
The complaint procedure for special educational needs mirrors the school’s other complaints procedures. Should a parent or carer have a concern about the special provision made for their child they should in the first instance discuss this with the class teacher.

If the matter is not resolved satisfactorily parents have recourse to the following:

  • discuss the problem with the SENCO
  • discuss the problem with the Headteacher
  • More serious on-going concerns should be presented in writing to the SEN Governor, who will inform the Chair of the Governors

Should you wish to make an appointment with any of the above, please contact the school office on 01200 422560 or

The complaints procedure can be found on the school website.
If the complaint regards a Statutory Assessment of a child’s needs, the complaint should be forwarded to the Local Authority.

Parents/Carers can find more information by clicking here.